Between Dad's superior vacation planning skills and Mom's continuing-to-evolve ability to go with the flow, our vacation was pretty great this year! We visited Portland, Maine and spent our time at the Old Orchard Beach area. It was heaven to sit on a beach in shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt and be totally comfortable, especially after the heat wave we'd been experiencing in New Jersey.
BIG NEWS...HUGE NEWS...
Thomas rides the rides now!!! Hooray! We took the boys to the 4H Fair in Chester just a few days before we left for Maine(a few pics to follow shortly). We bought Joseph a handful of tickets and told him to pick a few rides, not even thinking to offer anything to Thomas since his track record is 0-5. All of a sudden he asked, "Mommy, I ride with Joe-Joe?". He LOVED the cars he went on and told the man when the ride stopped, "I not finished yet!". Yay!!! The boys also saw their first fireworks show that night(again, pics will follow shortly).
Anyway, it has been so much fun to watch the boys ride the rides together the past few weeks.
Dinner was fun. New foods for everyone!
| Joseph found out a few days later that the mini chickens he LOVED were actually mini shrimp! |
| "Really? A whole lobster?" |
| "I think I"ll stick to what I know." |
And then to Connecticut! A few hotels later and lot of packing and unpacking, one last stop...Watch Hill Beach, Rhode Island. Glad we stayed- it was so worth it! The beach and the scenery was just beautiful.
What a beautiful beach day! What a great vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment